After traveling around the world and learning from the best Peking Duck Masters, America’s Tastiest Duck is now available in a D.I.Y. (do it yourself) Peking Duck Meal Kit. Each meal kit has a dry aged Peking Style 7# duck that is ready to cook in a few easy steps. Each kit will feature 15 bao buns and a 20oz bottle of hoisin sauce. Just add cucumber slices and/or scallions for garnish and create a world famous Peking Duck Dish in your restaurant or home kitchen.
- Remove Peking duck from packaging and defrost uncovered (breast side up) in a refrigerator for up to 24 hours
until skin is dry.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly season the Peking duck skin with salt, place on cooking rack in a roasting pan, and loosely tent duck
- Roast the Peking duck for 30 minutes then lower oven temperature to 350 and roast for 1.5 to 2 hours (still
tented with foil) until the internal temperature reaches 200-205°F.
- Pro tip – remove foil and broil duck on high for 2-3 minutes to make skin extra crispy.
- Remove Peking duck from oven and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- Simultaneously, remove frozen bao buns from packaging and steam for 15 minutes.
- Carve the Peking duck.
- Remove/carve the crispy skin from the back and legs of the duck and slice into strips.
- Remove the legs, wings, and breast.
- Carve the duck breast into thin slices leaving skin attached.
- Pull/shred the meat from legs and wings.
- Assemble all meat and skin on platter.
- To serve:
- Spread hoisin sauce on steamed bao bun.
- Add slices of cucumber and/or scallions to bao bun.
- Add some crispy skin and duck meat.
- Enjoy warm and #eatmoreduck! Thank you.